Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Catch Up

Well lets see sense I last blogged I went to the mountains of North Carolina, (they are gorgeous) went back to New Jersey, celebrated my birthday, went to D.C for the day and missed my flight home, had jury duty, and I can't remember what more went on.



Most of the group who were at the MountainTop Retreat


We spent the rest of that weekend (the 11-13) seeing the sights and checking out the area. On Monday we jumped into the car and headed west towards Asheville, N.C. We were strongly relying on TomTom to get us where we wanted to go.



The drive was pretty nice once we got out of the rain and onto the scenic highway. We them spent the rest of the week with a large group of "older young people" in the mountains. It was encouraging and a blast. We went hiking on Tuesday, To the Biltmore on Wednesday, and on Friday we attempted to white water raft. Not much water white or other wise on the river because of the lack of rain. We still had a great time.
The group I toured the Biltmore with. Mike, Beth, Faith, and Ted.
Saturday we all said good bye and headed our separate ways. Sunday was my birthday and potluck in Dorothy. That evening there was a sing at Russell and Linda Ruga's place. Abby surprised me with a cake, flowers, and everyone singing happy birthday. Monday Babs, Jenny, and Cindy Sikora and myself went out for lunch. Spending the day with the girls was a nice treat. Tuesday was my day to fly home. The plan was to go up to D.C for part of the day because my flight didn't leave until 3pm. So we (Phillip, Abby, and I) went to the Natural History Museum. Unfortunatly I got to the airport just a little late and they would not let me check in. Thankfully I was able to get on a different flight. I got home at 1am and not 10pm, but I did get home!
I am still managing to keep busy, and that is how I like it.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an awesome trip! Your birthday is in July, isn't it? Mine is too. See you, pJ

Sjo said...

It was fun to some of the pictures from your trip sounds like it was a great time. Glad to have you back in town though! :D

Susan said...

Hey, Jen, I didn't know you were in blogland! Just found your blog from Chatty's blogroll. You're a busy lady! Looks like you're having fun travelling. Tell Lori "Hi" for me!